The policies relating to the ALT Open Access Repository are currently based on the minimum recommended OpenDOAR policy supporting the aims of the Open Access movement. We are going to develop a set of policies specifically relating to the ALT Open Access Repository over time. For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metadata Policy for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record are given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full items free of charge.
- Single copies of full items can be:
- reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium
- for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge.
- Full items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
Content Policy for types of document & data set held
- This is a multi-institution subject-based repository.
- ALT Open Access Repository holds all types of materials.
- Items are individually tagged with:
- their peer-review status.
- their publication status.
Submission Policy concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by accredited members of the organisation, or their delegated agents.
- Authors may only submit their own work for archiving.
- The administrator only vets items for the exclusion of spam
- The validity and authenticity of the content of submissions is the sole responsibility of the depositor.
- Items may not be deposited until any publishers' or funders' embargo period has expired.
- Any copyright violations are entirely the responsibility of the authors/depositors.
- If ALT Open Access Repository receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- Items will be retained for a minimum of 5 years.
- ALT Open Access Repository will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- ALT Open Access Repository regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may not normally be removed from ALT Open Access Repository.
- Acceptable reasons for withdrawal include:
- Proven copyright violation or plagiarism
- Legal requirements and proven violations
- National Security
- Falsified research
- Withdrawn items are not deleted per se, but are removed from public view.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are retained indefinitely.
- URLs will continue to point to 'tombstone' citations, to avoid broken links and to retain item histories.
- Changes to deposited items are not permitted.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
- In the event of ALT Open Access Repository being closed down, the database will be transferred to another appropriate archive.